If one or more of your teeth are missing and you would like natural-looking, durable replacements, consider dental implants, our premier choice of tooth replacement at Esthetic Associates. A surgical treatment, dental implants are a stable, long-lasting, and esthetically pleasing solution. If it is determined after a thorough consultation and examination that dental implants are the right option for your smile, Dr. Tyler P. Lasseigne, our expert dentist, will begin guiding you through each step of the treatment process. Generally, to place a dental implant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, we will:
- Prepare for your dental implants by taking impressions of your current teeth and jawbone. We use this information to create a surgical guide that will help determine the optimal placement of implant in relation to your jawbone and existing teeth. This step also helps us to ensure your jaws are healthy enough to receive the implant.
- If your jaws need to be strengthened, bone grafting is then completed.
- To begin the surgical placement of the dental implant, Dr. Tyler P. Lasseigne will place a small titanium screw into the bone socket of the missing tooth.
- Your jaws and gums are allowed to heal as the bone tissues of your jaw fuse to the metal screw for increased stability and strength. This interim period can take anywhere from three to six months, based on your individual needs.
- Once your gums have fully healed, we will place two items on top of the implant to complete your smile transformation. The first is a connector called an abutment, which attaches your dental restoration to the metal screw. The dental restoration is the second; we generally utilize beautiful porcelain or ceramic dental crowns to complete your dental implant.
We understand the impact of losing a tooth can have not only on your smile, but on your life. For improved confidence and overall oral health, we offer excellent dental implants for our patients. To learn more, please contact our dental office today.